Pages

02 February 2014

Better Than Watching Paint Dry! Tamiya 1:48 Africa Corps - NCOs

I've been trying to fill time between coats of paint on my current aircraft project with some figure painting, better than just waiting for paint to dry!

Recently I've been trying to work out which scale and type of models give me the most enjoyment. Heroic 28mm has obviously been one option; I do have a sizeable collection waiting to be painted. I've also considered 1:72 scale but found at that scale the models lack the character of larger scales. So eventually I found myself painting a couple more of Tamiya's 1:48 scale Africa Corps.


The latest additions are two NCOs, fairly straight forward in terms of uniform to paint.

I find it really enjoyable painting figures at this scale and will certainly do more. It's a shame there are more figures available. Tamiya's figure sets are good, there's just not many of them. Beyond them I'm only really aware of figures to accompany aircraft models (pilots, mechanics etc). If you, my readers, have any other recommendation please let me know in the comments below. It'll be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment